Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It's Almost Olivia Time!

  Today I was that crazy lady who tried every old wives tale she could think of to get her labor started! I drank cinnamon tea until I was ready to float away. I had eggplant parmesan for lunch and pineapple for dessert. Cheyenne and I went on several walks. I think I may have even thrown in a few squats. But I'm still very pregnant! I'm still hoping the full moon does it's job.

 On Monday, I had my final OBGYN appointment. Crazy, huh?!


  I absolutely love going to the San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) for my appointments for one reason. No, it's not for the stellar medical care, timely service or consistency of care because they are definitely lacking in those areas. It is simply because every time I visit SAMMC, someone goes out of their way to tell me that I make a beautiful pregnant lady or that I am all belly! It surely brightens the day of this very pregnant chic!

  I am happy to report that everything went well. Olivia's head is deep down in my pelvis. I could have told them that without an ultrasound because the pressure and discomfort I feel all the time now made it pretty obvious. I am not dilated at all but I'm about 50% effaced. They are still predicting that Olivia is a little peanut with a strong heartbeat.

  We have known for a while now that I was going to be induced at 39 weeks. This is due to the blood thinners that I have been on throughout my whole pregnancy for the blood clot I had 11 years ago. While on the blood thinners, they prefer to have you in a controlled environment. I will be induced sometime this Saturday (no time yet), as in less than 3 days from today! Miss Olivia will be here this weekend!

  I am so grateful that I will only be pregnant for a handful more days. I'm over being pregnant. I am beyond exhausted all the time now and my legs/feet always ache. There is a constant discomfort in my pelvis and I've even started having occasional intense contraction while walking Cheyenne. And please don't tell me that I'm going to be even more exhausted once Olivia arrives or that I need to enjoy the last week of pregnancy. I will probably come to your house to dropkick you! I'm well aware that I'll be up with her every couple hours but having her in my arms will make it all worth it. I have not slept well in almost 9 months and I'm just done!

  This past weekend, my hot handsome husband and I went on our last date night before Olivia's arrival. Like I said, we had a good idea that I would be induced this coming weekend. We went to a Brazilian Steakhouse and it was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was amazing. It was nice to spend some time together outside of our "cozy" apartment.


  My hot handsome husband has been absolutely amazing this entire pregnancy. He has been especially great the last few weeks. He has taken over all of Cheyenne's walks (when he is home), helps around the house (including with dinner), constantly making sure I am as comfortable as I can be and so much more. I cannot wait to see him with Olivia!

  It's almost time to meet our little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment