Monday, June 2, 2014

Bump Day - 20 Weeks

  I have had quite a few requests (aka demands) from family asking me to continue my blogging during my pregnancy and continue once Baby Girl Froyo makes her grand entrance. Since it is a great way to keep our friends and family up to date on our crazy life adventures, I will try my very best to at least do weekly (although it most likely be every other week) updates!

  My goal is to start with the present and work backwards. I plan to update you on everything that's been going on in the Froyo household and believe me, it's been busy! I'll start with the most important update, our Baby Girl!


How Far Along: 20 Weeks! Halfway there! Where did the time go?!

Baby Size: Banana (measured from the top of her teeny tiny head to the bottom of her feet!)

Baby's Progress: She is growing like crazy and so is Mama! She weighs approximately 10 ounces and  is around 10 inches from head to heel. Baby girl's ovaries are fully formed and producing eggs. How crazy is that?! She's also swallowing more these days! I hope her amniotic fluid tastes extra sweet from all the fruit I've been eating!

Weight Gain: 5 lbs! I gained 3 lbs this week alone and had a minor freak out but then I came back down to reality and realized 5 lbs in 5 months is nothing!

Stretch Marks: Some old ones on my hips and butt (thank you large booty!) but nothing new. I slather on cocoa butter in the morning and bio oil at night.

Sleep: Oh how I miss sleep! I toss and turn most of the night. I do have a body pillow that helps but I just can't seem to get/stay comfortable. Some nights, I will just stare at my peacefully sleeping husband and imagine punching him in the face because he's sleeping so well! Love you hunny!

Gender: Baby Girl! No name yet but we're getting close!

Movement: I think so! This past week, I started feeling what I think is movement. Although, if I'm being honest, it could be gas bubbles too! At my ultrasound last week, the tech told us that I have an anterior placenta which means that my placenta is on the front side of my uterus (the cushy part faces outwards) so it may take a little longer for me to feel movement.

Best Moment(s) this Past Week: Starting to feel Baby Girl move! And receiving my mamaRoo swing in the mail from my other half and adopted Mom! If you haven't seen or heard of this awesome invention, look it up!

Looking Forward to: Feeling more movement and hopefully starting to feel better!

Food Cravings: Fruit! Lots of fruit! My poor husband doesn't get a chance to enjoy any because it lasts a maximum on 2 days in our house! And milk!

Labor Signs: Lots of stretching and pulling going on but no signs of labor!

What I Miss: Being able to sleep through the night and actually enjoying food/not worrying if I'm going to throw it up!

Weirdest Food I Ate This Week: Milk! I'm not a huge milk person but I can't seem to get enough lately. My hot handsome husband found me in the kitchen thoroughly enjoying a large glass of milk and he just gave me a strange look, shook his head and said, "I never thought I'd see this day." It just tastes so good right now!

Anything Make You Queasy or Sick: This baby, the hormones, everything! Still feeling queasy on and off throughout most days. And still vomiting at least several times a week. Evenings are the worst! Most nights, I can't even stomach dinner and if I am able to get anything down, let's just say it makes a second appearance.

Symptoms: Nauseous but hungry at the same time, vomiting at times, indigestion (the feeling of food stuck in my throat and coughing after eating) and lots of feeling of pulling and stretching this week.

Workouts: HAHAHA! Oh seriously?! I try to walk a couple times a week but this week I was a slacker!

Things that Suck: No longer enjoying food! Still being sick at 20 weeks! Peeing my pants when I sneeze or have an intense vomit session! You're welcome for that lovely visual!

Things that Don't Suck: My baby bump! I absolutely love it, I think it's the best ever! And starting to feel our Baby Girl move!

  Honestly, even though this hasn't been the easiest pregnancy, I LOVE being pregnant! Just knowing that there is a little life growing inside me is such an amazing feeling. I keep saying, all of this sickness will be totally worth it as long as we have a healthy baby come home with us in October! For our daughter, I would happily be miserable for the next 20 weeks! But seriously Baby Girl, can you give your Mama a break?!

No comments:

Post a Comment