Monday, August 4, 2014

Bump Day - 29 Weeks


How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Baby Size: 15 inches long and 2 1/2 lbs, about the size of a butternut squash!

Weight Gain: Our scale is packed up somewhere in Oklahoma so I honestly have no idea. At my last appointment, I had gained 12 lbs but that was 3 weeks ago. My next appointment is Wednesday so I suppose I'll find out then. But don't you worry, my baby bump just keeps on growing!

Stretch Marks: I don't think so but every once in a while I think I see one starting and I obsessively apply the Bio Oil!

Sleep: I don't think I've had a good night's sleep since I was 6 weeks pregnant and it keeps getting worse. I toss and turn more than ever because my hips start to hurt if I lay on one side for too long! And let's not forget the fact that I get up 200 times to go to the bathroom!

Movement: Oh boy, I think she moves more than she sleeps now! Except now some of her movements are painful! Especially when she likes to jab me somewhere in the pelvic region. 

Best Moment this Past Week: It's not baby related, but we closed on our house in South Carolina this past week. It is such a relief that everything went smoothly! Also, my hot handsome husband and I were out running a couple errands after dinner one night and he randomly surprised me by bringing me for frozen yogurt. He's definitely a keeper! 

Looking Forward to: My first official OBGYN appointment here in San Antonio. I had a meeting with the OB coordinator last week (along with my glucose test!) but this week I'll get to see the Nurse Practitioner. And I'll be pre-registering with Labor & Delivery! How crazy is that?!

Food Cravings: I still have a very small appetite. My nausea (mostly in the mornings) and my vomiting after dinner is back. Small meals are my friend.

What I Miss: Being able to get up from a sitting/laying position with ease and sleep. Oh and I have been dying for a beer! 

Symptoms: Apparently pure exhaustion comes back in the third trimester because I feel like I could sleep all the time. But at the same time I am very uncomfortable when I lay down! The nausea and vomiting are back in action (with lots of heartburn too!) but not as extreme as it was before. I think the biggest change this past week is the pelvic pain. Oh and my legs are very tired and achy by the end of the day.

Workouts: Cheyenne and I go on a mile walk every morning (although that mile is getting harder), a couple 1/4 mile walks during the day and then walk a little over a half mile every night after dinner. The joys of apartment living!

Things that Suck: Being pregnant in this Texas heat! It definitely takes a lot out of me!

Things that Don't Suck: Being pregnant! Yes, I feel yucky a lot but I absolutely love being pregnant! And non-baby related, I'm enjoying having my hot handsome husband home every night and exploring San Antonio with him on the weekends!

  Some days, I can't believe that I'm already 29 weeks pregnant while other days I can't believe that I'm only 29 weeks. I'm starting to feel like I've been pregnant forever. I'm not sure how my bump can get any bigger or how there is going to be any room for Olivia in there! I guess we have 11 weeks (or less!) to answer that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment