Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life in Texas

  Our time in Texas is just flying by, which means Olivia will be here before we know it. My hot handsome husband and I have been going out and exploring the area every Saturday. It's like a little date day! We're trying to get in as much time together as possible before our little angel arrives.

  A couple weekends ago, we went to explore the Natural Bridge Caverns. They were amazing! It was interesting to learn about how the different rock formations were formed. It was also quite a workout! It was a 3/4 mile walk that goes 180 ft below the ground. The steep inclines and multiple stairs going back up required a little extra effort from the 30 week pregnant chic. But I'm proud of myself for how well I did!

30 Weeks!




  Last weekend, we went to explore the little historical town of Gruene. The houses have been converted into cute little shops, their General Store is one of the 40 best places to visit in Texas and it's home to the oldest operating dance hall in Texas. The small town has lots of charm and we enjoyed walking around. They also had the Old Gruene Market going on with tons of vendors with all things Texas. We ate lunch at the Gristmill which is actually an old cotton gin. The atmosphere was awesome and the food was amazing. They also have river floating in Gruene but they won't let the pregnant girl have any fun!

31 Weeks!



  Yesterday, we made a trip to SeaWorld. It's only a 30 minute drive, free for military, includes 30% off food and Matt had never been to a SeaWorld. How could we not go?! I had spent the night before looking up show schedules and planning out our day. We didn't want to spend too much time walking out in the hot sun. And I have to say, our day worked out perfectly. We arrived just as the park was opening. We spent the first two and a half hours exploring the park, visiting the animal exhibits and grabbing a bite to eat. My hot handsome husband was even able to ride on two of their roller coasters with less than a 5 min wait! After lunch, we headed to to our first show, with two sea lions, an otter and a walrus. My hubby made fun of me for wanting to see this particular show but he thoroughly enjoyed it too! From there, we headed to see Azul with a beluga whale, Pacific white-sided dolphins, birds, acrobats and divers. Of course, we finished our day with the Shamu and his killer whale friends! 

32 Weeks! And feeling as big as Shamu!




Those are Hubby's feet in last seat all the way to the right!





  And now for a little pregnancy update. I have noticed lots of changes over the last few weeks. I was extremely exhausted, like taking several two hour naps during the day and still going to bed by 10 PM and having lots of leg pain. I blamed it on my third trimester and the increasing lbs! Turns out, my thyroid levels were double what they are supposed to be. My medication has been changed and I should start feeling a little better soon. I had some pretty rough days this past week between the pure exhaustion and a random day of vomiting. But, there has been no vomiting (just a little nausea) since that day.

  Sleeping at night has slightly improved. I now sleep 3 - 4 hours straight before I am up a million times going to the bathroom and trying to get comfortable. 

  My daily walks with Cheyenne have become shorter. Our long morning walk has turned into a medium walk and I'm only able to join my hot handsome husband for our nightly family walk on occasion. It mostly has to do with my tired/achy legs. But more recently, I have noticed I get out of breathe easily. Oh and the swelling! Between the heat and the tons of walking we've been doing on Saturdays, I always end up with swollen feet. Saturday nights usually end up with my feet elevated and compression socks on. It's quite the sight!

  Now let's talk about my growing belly! Its not only growing out in front now, but also its starting to expand on the sides. I feel HUGE! It takes a lot to get out of bed, out of the car, off the couch, etc. And walking, well I'm pretty sure I'm moving in slow motion! 

  Olivia, Mommy is tired and achy and if you wanted to make your debut 2 -3 weeks early, I would be completely okay with that. Just don't tell Daddy because he's still hoping you come as close to your due date as possible. 

  Over the next couple weeks, I will continue to get ready for Olivia, get lots of rest and waddle my way around!



No comments:

Post a Comment