Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life is an Adventure

  Can you believe that it's been 7 weeks since I last updated y'all?!

  It has been a crazy busy whirlwind couple of months! Things are finally starting to settle down here. Let's rewind a little and go back to when I was 23 weeks pregnant.

23 Weeks!

  I flew to Rhode Island where my cousin/sister, family and friends threw me a beautiful baby shower. It was great to see most of my family. I don't get to do that very often when I go back "home." My family is so big and my time in RI is usually limited.

  Olivia received so many clothes! Seriously, I'm pretty sure my family alone filled her closet for the next year! I cannot wait to play dress up with her! That's what little girls are for, right?!

  My absolute favorite part of the shower, was when my Aunt presented me with a gift bag full of hand knitted clothes my Mom had accumulated over the years and saved for her first grand baby. Everything in the bag was pink and white! It's like she knew her first grandchild was going to be a little girl. It's a sign that Miss Olivia Pearl truly is our precious gift from God. We are lucky to have our guardian angel watching over us.
 
Spending time with my nephew! I miss him so much!

My Big Sister!

Some of the best friends a girl could ask for! Thanks for all the Mommy advice!

Just a teeny tiny portion of my cousins!
  After being in Rhode Island for five days, I flew back home to South Carolina for one whole day! Then it was off to Seattle to spend my 24th week of pregnancy with my hot handsome husband's family. Olivia is already quite the traveler!

  We stayed very busy while in Washington! We celebrated my hubby's baby sister's engagement! There was also a triple 30th birthday celebration (mine, our sister and her fiancé)! June is obviously a great month for birthdays!


  My sisters and Mom also threw me a beautiful baby shower while we were in town. Olivia received so many more great gifts! I am so grateful for how generous all of our friends and family have been.


  We also did some sightseeing while we were in Seattle. We did the whole touristy thing the very first time my hot handsome husband brought me to Washington several years ago but have not done any since. We enjoyed playing tourist for the day!




     Before I knew it, I was 25 weeks pregnant and celebrating the 4th of July with my hubby and some of my favorite people!

25 Weeks!

Celebrating the 4th of July

Miss Crickle misses her Chaser!

Lighting off fireworks with Mr. Starfish

  The next few weeks were spent enjoying Charleston and getting our house ready to be packed up. It's amazing how much we needed to do even though we had packers and movers coming to do the bulk of the work for us. We had to figure out the essentials that we were going to need to survive the next 4 months in Texas. The rest of our belongings are currently in storage waiting our arrival in Oklahoma. 

My Hubby's final flight in the C-17



Our last Riverdogs game!

Last time at the beach for a long time!

  Before we knew it, I was 27 weeks pregnant and we were saying goodbye to Charleston and hitting the road for our temporary home in Texas.  All I am going to say about our road trip is that being very pregnant and stuck in a car with a dog that feeds off your anxiety does not always make for a fun trip. We (me and Cheyenne) only had a couple breakdowns but we made it to Texas safely.

Welcome to our Temporary Home
 
  We are completely settled in our "cozy" 750 square foot one bedroom apartment. It has been an adjustment for all of us but especially Cheyenne. She's still trying to get used to this new living arrangement.

  So far, we are enjoying San Antonio. Our apartment is in the perfect location. We are literally 5 minutes from everything we could ever want or need. The base is less than 10 minutes away and downtown is 20 - 25 minutes away. Our only complaint is the heat! The mornings (before 9:30 AM) are pleasant and so are the evenings (after 7:30 PM) but the mid afternoon is horrible! It's been around (or over) 100 degrees almost every single day. Nothing lots of water and lots of AC can't take care of!

28 Weeks!

The Alamo!

    I'm officially 29 weeks today but I think I've done enough rambling for the day! I'll be back with an update on Miss Olivia and me within the next couple days! 

  I hope your life has been just as exciting as mine lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment